RESET is piloting a new resource to help projects expand and amplify their search for more sustainable materials.
Applications for participation in the RESET Initiative for Sustainable Product Requests from Owners are now open. This Initiative is only open to projects pursuing RESET Certification and/or sponsors.
This RESET Initiative is currently in the Active Pilot phase.
Projects interested in establishing a Sustainable Product Requests from Owners program can reach out to us at info[at]reset.build.
This initiative is being piloted at the request of project owners pursuing RESET certification and seeking to amplify their demand for health & sustainability data from traditionally challenging product categories, such as MEP.
The initiative focuses on two areas:
- Under represented product categories in terms of health & sustainability data, particularly MEP.
- Innovative products solving issues of circularity, carbon or health aligned with the RESET Standard.
The objective of this RESET Initiative is to pilot the Sustainable Product Requests from Owners program with real projects.
- Identify product categories that represent a common challenge for project owners.
- Aggregate demand and amplify the market signal for those product categories.
- Refine RFIs for those product categories, for projects pursuing RESET.
- Increase the amount of publicly available health & sustainability data for these product categories.
Every RESET Initiative has a set of deliverables that the initiative is committed to completing.
The RESET Initiative for Sustainable Product Requests from Owners will consist of, but not limited to, the following deliverables:
- Process and procedure for amplifying Sustainable Product Requests from Owners.
- Template documents for Owners and Manufacturers.
- An expanded Sustainable Product Materials Library.
4. Funding Tiers and Benefits
This initiative is funded by:
- Projects pursuing RESET Certification.
- Project Owners using the RESET Score for material specification on a volume basis.
Please see the projects and the product requirements below:
Shenzhen University Campus
New building for a U.S. University in Shenzhen, China pursuing ambitious sustainability targets with a particular focus on healthy materials that are manufactured locally.
Required Materials & Products Categories
Materials and products required for this project are complex. We have listed the following materials and products categories for quick reference:
For further details, click here to download the full list of the project's materials and product requirements.
Sustainable Disclosure Requirements
This project has strict requirements on materials and products selection, so it will require each material and product manufacturer to disclose the sustainable performance information of materials. We have listed the priority of relevant information for reference:
We have designed a form to help suppliers with sustainable performance requirements in accordance with international standards. Please click here to download it.
Projects interested in establishing a Sustainable Product Requests from Owner program can reach out to us at info[at]reset.build.
All project participants will be part of the working group advancing this initiative.
The goal will be to move from active pilot phase to official status in 2023.